Reporting to the Specialist Engineer Transmission & Distribution, this position is responsible to provide support in project planning, scheduling, coordinating and leading all Major Distribution maintenance & upgrade project works to existing PPL Network Asserts are executed efficiently and effectively, within budget & resources and in accordance with PPL specifications and standards in order to maintain a reliable power supply.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Power Systems related
- Current Member of IEPNG (Institute of Engineers of Papua New Guinea) and/or other relative and recognized professional bodies
Skills and Personal Attributes
- At least 3-5 years of experience or more in Utility Power System with exposure of MV & LV Distribution System
- Competently coordinate and manage distribution lines maintenance located on multiple sites within PNG.
- Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders and coordinating activities and projects delivery remotely,
- Distribution System Modelling using computer software aids, Planning, Design and Hardware Selection capability
- Demonstrate proficient understanding and use of PNG Power Electrical Trade Circular and AS/NZS Electrical Codes and Standards
- Project Scoping, Design, Contracting, Implementation and Management skills in planning and executing assigned electrical distribution projects within deadlines and budgets.
- Ability to initiate and recommend solutions to improve distribution network supply and reliability
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal) and a proven team player, who is reliable, able to motivate others, has the integrity and accepts responsibility and is accountable, for performance and is result orientated.
- Must be flexible, champion team player, adaptable to change, enthusiastic self-starter, and eager to quickly assimilate new concepts and ideas.
APPLICANTS RESIDING WITHIN RESPECTIVE CENTRES OR WITHIN LOCALITY OF THE ADVERTISED VACANCY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
PNG POWER offers attractive terms and conditions of employment and remuneration to commensurate skills and expertise required by these roles.
More information about these roles can be obtained from our website: www.pngpower.com.pg/careers to download full details on the Knowledge, Skills and Attributes Requirements. To apply, send only your application letter and current resume clearly indicating the job vacancy to the following;
ATTENTION TO : PPL Recruitment team
EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
POSTAL ADDRESS : PNG Power Ltd, P.O. Box 1105, Boroko, NCD
HAND DELIVERED : PNG Power Ltd National Office, corner of Wards Road, Hohola
(Labeling the job vacancy)
original certificates (QUALIFICATION) ARE required at the time of interview.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful if you are not contacted within 4 weeks after close of applications.
PNG Power is an equal opportunity employer.