Primary Objectives for the above roles:
To ensure all power generating equipment’s at respective centers, Power Stations and Transmission and Distributions are operated safely and effectively implement PPL’s short term electrical maintenance programs, by ensuring repair and maintenance of plant and equipment are carried out in a timely, cost effective manner and meets specified quality standards.
These technical positions require proven expertise and tradesman qualifications in respective fields as stated below;
- Power Station Operator = Power Station Operator Tradesman Certificate
- Senior Linesman = Linesman Tradesman Certificate, Live Line Training Certificate and High Voltage/Low Voltage Operating License
- Linesman = Linesman Tradesman Certificate and Live Line Training Certificate
- Customer Services Technician = Electrical Tradesman Certificate and General Electrician License
- Electrical Construction Crew= Electrical Tradesman Certificate and General Electrician License
Skills and Personal Attributes
- All applicants must have proven experience and exposure in similar role or areas related to the energy sector,particularly in power generation
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety regulations applicable for the power industry;
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal) and a proven team player, who is reliable, able to motivate others and has the integrity and accepts responsibility and is accountable, for performance and result orientated
- Must be flexible, champion team players, adaptable to change, enthusiastic self-starters, and eager to quickly assimilate new concepts and ideas.
APPLICANTS RESIDING WITHIN RESPECTIVE CENTRES OR WITHIN LOCALITY OF THE ADVERTISED VACANCY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
PNG POWER offers attractive terms and conditions of employment and remuneration to commensurate skills and expertise required by these roles. To apply, send only your application letter and current resume clearly indicating the job vacancy to the following;
ATTENTION TO : PPL Recruitment team
EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
POSTAL ADDRESS : PNG Power Ltd, P.O.Box 1105, Boroko, NCD
HAND DELIVERED : PNG Power Ltd National Office, corner of Wards Road, Hohola
(Labeling the job vacancy).
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST WILL CLOSE AT 4:30PM ON FRIDAY 01st June 2018
original certificates (QUALIFICATION) ARE required at the time of interview.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful if you are not contacted within 4 weeks after close of applications.