PNG Power Amnesty 2023
What is PNG Power Amnesty Initiative?
If you are not registered, but are getting electricity supply anyway, you are considered an illegal consumer. This is your chance to use this opportunity and register as a new customer for FREE!
PNG Power is calling on these illegal consumers to voluntarily come forward and report their illegal connections during this Amnesty Initiative period.
We have records of many illegal consumers, and we are giving them this time to come and Register as new customers. We will NOT arrest or charge any person during this period.
The Registered Customer will face No Fine, No Penalties, No Charges and No Back-billing.
Who is this Amnesty Initiative targeting?
- This Amnesty Initiative is targeting electricity consumers who are consuming electricity illegally and not paying for bills.
- It is for illegal consumers who do not have a meter.
Why is the Amnesty Initiative important?
- Illegal connection is affecting electricity generation supply and reliability. It is one main cause of the unplanned or unexpected power blackouts (outages).
- It is unfair for other consumers to pay for electricity while others are illegally consuming electricity.
How long is the Amnesty Initiative?
This Amnesty campaign started in March 2023 and will end on 31 May 2023. Illegal consumers are kindly asked to come forward and Register before the due date.
What happens after due date 31 May 2023
After the Amnesty period, we will conduct a door-to-door Meter Investigation Survey & Audit Program. It will begin in Port Moresby (NCD/Central) and continue to other centres.
Illegal consumers who are caught will be disconnected and penalized. They will be charged huge penalty fees and additional back-bill charges for the months/years that they were illegally consuming electricity.
How to Register
Fill the online form below and click ‘Submit’. Ensure to use your full name as stated on your ID (NID, passport, driver license & Nasfund/Nambawan Supa ID, etc).
Email email@example.com for the application form. Fill it and send it via same email, or deliver it to your nearest PNG Power office.
- Call our Call Center on 116 and our officers will assist you.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM - Do not leave a field empty!
Term & Condition: The information you provide here will be kept confidential. In the meantime, while we are registering you for a new meter, you will pay a monthly fee of K30 for Small, K40 for Medium and K50 for Large house.