PNG Power is focused on delivering safe, reliable and affordable electricity to our valued customers.
Improvement to reliability, performance and preparing least cost generation are objectives PPL aims to achieve.
PNG Power has initiated the Energy Utility Performance and Reliability Improvement Project (EUPRIP) as the project to achieve these objectives. EUPRIP has the following components;
- Rehabilitation and Upgrade of PNG Power Infrastructure
Rehabilitation and upgrade of substation, Medium Voltage Distribution Network, controls and protection.
- Performance Improvement for PNG Power
This component focuses on improving efficiency, transparency and accountability within PPL’s key operations areas.
- Least Cost Power Development Plan
Technical analysis on least cost power development projects that are aligned with PNG Power’s priority of investment. These projects are;
- Assessment of existing hydropower stations including Ramu 1 rehabilitation and Rauna cascade rehabilitation.
- Continue with development of Nauro Brown Hydro Power project
- Gas to Power development project, and
- Update of potential project database
The Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) for the least cost power development plan has been completed and copies are available.
Any interested organization can access the ESMF from the PNG Power website: www.pngpower.com.pg (under Public Information, Major Projects) or call the Project Director on (+675) 324 3114.
Acting Managing Director
PNG Power Ltd
For further information, contact;
Team Leader Corporate Communication
Ph: 324 3560 Email: email@example.com